Photo by Aaron Burden on Unsplash
Fall, it’s our favorite time of the year, right? Well, it is MY favorite time of the year! Summer is great and all, but it’s hot, the bugs are horrendous, and feeling like your melting is just not my cup of tea.
But fall though… everything is warm, cozy. There is a chill in the air, perfect for pumpkin patches or cozying up in a local coffeehouse. Winter is too cold, so this is a perfect time of the year. It’s also perfect when it comes to BOOKS!
So we all know that early literacy is super important, so let’s start with that. What are some great books to introduce to your little ones?
- Hello, Fall! A Picture Book by Deborah Diesen
- Red Leaf, Yellow Leaf by Lois Ehlert
- There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed Some Leaves by Lucille Colandro
- I Love Fall! by Alison Inches (this is a board book, great for the earliest of readers!)
Now, what about the older kiddos?
- Whichwood by Tahereh Mafi
- Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling
And finally, the big kids/adults! We need to read too!
- To Kill A Mocking Bird by Harper Lee
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The Raven Boys, by Maggie Stiefvater
- The Devouring Gray by Christine Lynn Herman